A few thoughts and new perspectives when fasting with young children:
- Remember that it is not a law nor is it about what we take away but what we add.
- We gave our kids flexibility so they changed what they were fasting about halfway through.
- That change made the whole Lenten fast more difficult.....when fasting as a family, it is best to all fast the same thing.
- Regardless of what we were fasting and how much and when we ended the fast, we all made more time to sit in the presence of our Lord and Savior.
- I love listening to my husband teach the Word to my children!
- I love listening to all the questions my kids have!
- I love hearing Kalli pray...."dear Jesus, help Jesus, Amen!
Feel free to leave a comment if you would like to share what you are remembering!